ςebel-deςign
チїRӗ Member

Gameserver News

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:33 am

Hello together,

we will change the gameserver next month. We will kill the root and change to two nc1.eu gameserver.

So the crazystuntserver and the second TM2 stuntserver will go offline.

In this case we got only the following gameserver:

- TM Monthly Cup
- TM² Monthly Cup

Why we change?

A rootserver is expensive and you have to check many things to secure it. So we decide to change to a hosting provider. We get a great support and have more time for other things.
Best regards
チїRӗ»ςebel-deςign

http://www.sebel-design.com

Lalaland
チїRӗ Member

Re: Gameserver News

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Its ok from me, my Mother died and it is a great loss and not easy to put away.

I will be the next time a silent Player, thanks you for your participation.

Lala alias Anon :cry: :cry: :cry:

namoine
チїRӗ Member

Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Im on holidays at the moment and have no access to the game. The change to hosted servers is ok for me and nc1.eu seems to be a solid hoster. There are a lot of questions concerning the handling of these servers. Is the server a new one or will the old server be taken over. I hope its a new one because the old TM2-server has many problems: looong loading times of maps if you play alone and the strange flickering graphic bug nearly every month.
Im back in Germany next week. If I can help to have a good start on the new hosted server, let me know.
& lala: ich wünsche dir viel Kraft für die nächste Zeit. Nimm dir die Zeit die du brauchst.

from Italy
namoine

anoriu
チїRӗ Member

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 pm

hey!
There is a problem on Tm2 Cupserver. There is a flickering on it all the time which doesn't allow you to start the round.
Could someone fix_it? (that was punny :) )

ςebel-deςign
チїRӗ Member

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:45 am

Ok. Askuri knows about it. It looks like a problem from the stuntmod. We try to fix it.
Best regards
チїRӗ»ςebel-deςign

Fixit
チїRӗ Member

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:58 pm

New TM2 server not even close to ready for a cup server. To start with Namoine and I need superadmin so we can work on it.
1. There no server rank we must have this for cup payout
2. Live ranking keeps track of time not score
3. 500p buy restart 750p buy skip I hope we can turn that off

if the root servers go down in 3 days it would be nice if namoine and I could get the server going

Thanks Seb for the new server we just want to help

namoine
チїRӗ Member

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Additional questions:
1) Will the root server been 'killed' at 01.07.2016 -- 0.00 hrs or does we have some more time to end the cup regulary and do the final evaluation and transfer of the server planets on the next day?

2) Is there a possibility to implement the same controller/HUD on the new server like on the old cup server? The community likes this HUD designed by Pastis/Spaii very much. A very important part of the game is the Minigame 'Fighting for Bonus Scores' (integrated in the old HUD). Our community is very sad to hear, that no Bonus game is possible any more.

We are a very conservative community, because the game presentation of TM2-Stunt in the past and on our cup was intuitiv and nearly accepted. And our own. We change to a hosted server now. Is this server of a hoster able to work with our game? How much freedom does we have to implement our own ideas on the new server? Or will we have to organize the cup on a server designed for race with some basis transformations, but not more?

Because I'm not a computer Pro I must ask this questions. Most player and myself react very distanced to the new server after testing it. Its Ok, but nothing more. Because of the strange behaviour oft the new server Fixit mentioned: Live ranking keeps track of time not score we started a new minigame: To race the stunt maps. But its too stupid to do it a long time...

And thanks for your works so far, seb + askuri.

namoine

ςebel-deςign
チїRӗ Member

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 am

Hey namoine,

in case of some fixes we use the old servers the next month to.

I give Askuri the hint to answer your questions. We got more time now.
Best regards
チїRӗ»ςebel-deςign

askuri
チїRӗ Member

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:46 am

1: The Serveraccount and server are 2 different shoes. We will use the same server account for the next cup, so the Planets will stay, no need to transfer. I don't know when the root wil be shut down, but we will keep it running as long as it's needed :)

2: We'll try. NC1 doesn't natively support their controller, but I'm pretty sure I can "cheat" a little, to make it possible :)
(guess you were talking about TM2 stunts)

Actually, we are chancging to a "managed" system. This means, we buy the Servers on nc1.eu and they maintain it. Though, we got a lot of freedom. We can add, remove and rewrite Plugins as we want, got FTP access to nearly all relevant files and so on. The only disadvantages are that we can not setup the TM2 Stunts titlepack on our own, since nc1 does not officially support it. Gladly, they set it up for us :)

The server is not finished yet. It's only, yea but I'm still trying to figure out, how to make StuntersControl (Spaii/Pastis fork of FoxControl) work in this new environment. If this should be really not possible, I will host these gameservers on my own small virtual server (which also hosts ultimania). Our goal is to shut down our big rootserver, because I do not have the time to maintain 2 server (mine and our clan server) and there is no one else capable of doing this. (Furthermore the root we used was very expensive. I guess it will be even cheaper with renting all servers at nc1, than maintain our own server)

namoine
チїRӗ Member

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Thx for your answer. I got enough response from you and others now to understand the situation of the servers: the need to wait if you can find a way to trick the new server to accept StuntControl or if not, your idea of a work-around. Good luck by trying it. In the meantime we play on the old server and have fun.

Return to “General Discussion”